I’ve made rainbow cupcakes for St. Patrick’s Day before. (Check out my previous rainbow cupcakes here!) These ones were actually a request for a rainbow themed birthday, but a perfect time to share for St. Patrick’s Day coming up!

Rainbow Cupcakes

These really aren’t as crazy to make as they look. A little time consuming, but not complicated.

Rainbow Cupcakes
Divide white cake batter evenly into 6 separate bowls
Tint each bowl with one color (I used Wilton Icing Colors)
Starting with red, spoon a small amount of batter into each cupcake liner
Continue with orange, then yellow, and so forth, layering one on top of the other
Bake as usual

Fresh out of the oven

Rainbow Cupcakes

Topped with blue vanilla butter cream, sprinkles and a rainbow Airhead.

Rainbow Cupcakes

Rainbows inside!

Rainbow Cupcakes

Do you celebrate or do anything special for St. Patrick’s Day? I’d love to know!

Comments For This Post

1. Elizabeth Feb 27, 2014, 7:21 am

So gorgeous! These are stunning. What joy there must be when someone bites into them and discovers all that color. Amazing!

1. Linnycakes Mar 6, 2014, 4:36 pm

And they were a joy to make! Thanks Elizabeth!

2. Andrea @ thedistractedhousewife Feb 27, 2014, 12:10 pm

I tried this with a cake for my Daughters birthday 2 years ago…. lets just say mine didn’t look half as pretty as yours. This has me tempted to try it again though.

1. Linnycakes Mar 6, 2014, 4:38 pm

Well feel free to ask me any questions if you want to give it another try!

3. Jean Mar 2, 2014, 9:07 am

Those look so cheerful and fun!

1. Linnycakes Mar 5, 2014, 9:53 pm

Thanks Jean! They were so fun to make!

4. Jesenia @ The Latina Homemaker Mar 4, 2014, 9:21 pm

Oh they look so neat! My 10 year old son would love these. Thanks for sharing and for visiting! :)

1. Linnycakes Mar 5, 2014, 9:55 pm

Of course, thank YOU for visiting back! :)

5. Kokoba Mar 12, 2014, 12:56 pm

Hi from Group 12 at SITSgirls! These look AMAZING. My boyfriend is very big into baking cupcakes so I’m definitely showing this to him to try. They’d be perfect Rainbow Dash cupcakes for My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic fans!

1. Linnycakes Mar 15, 2014, 10:48 am

Thank you! Let me know if he tries them and how it goes!

6. Mary Ylisela Mar 12, 2014, 1:54 pm

Those are gorgeous cupcakes! I can’t imagine a kid (of any age!) who wouldn’t love one of those. I found you through the SITS Girls Spring Fling! Can’t wait to see more of what you’re up to. :) I’m Mary, and I can be found here http://gocrochetcrazy.blogspot.com/2014/03/a-weekend-in-pictures.html.

1. Linnycakes Mar 15, 2014, 2:16 am

Thanks Mary! I served these at a kid craft session for my moms club, and the kiddos were definitely thrilled with them!