And now, the big reveal! If you follow me on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram, you know what I’m talking about.

It’s actually been finished for awhile, but I have this chronic problem of wanting to wait for the exact right moment, and wanting everything to be perfect. So I get in my own way.

And now I’m worried that I hyped it up too much and I’m going to disappoint and GAH! I’m done. :) Without further ado: My Linnycakes logo – animated!

The plan is to use this logo at the beginning of each video I do. (Yep! I’m going to start doing video!) To be honest, I’m not 100% sure what my videos are going to be about – Tutorials? Tips and tricks? My process? But I do know that I’m really excited to connect with all of you in a whole other way.

What would you like to see in my videos?

And lastly, a huge shout out to my design team! I have a design team? What?! ;) Nah, but I did work with two amazing professionals who were able to capture my vision. My hubby, who did the animation after I had designed the logo. And Mike Hallenbeck, the sound designer. Check out his website to see how this video came together, as well as his other works!

Comments For This Post

1. Theresa Feb 4, 2014, 8:19 pm

Awesome…Love It!

1. Linnycakes Feb 11, 2014, 8:47 pm

Thank you!

2. Stacia Feb 4, 2014, 8:53 pm

That is awesome! How did you capture the essence of who you are in the cutest little way? Well done, and I know you will be perfectly adorable in those videos…Can’t wait!

1. Linnycakes Feb 11, 2014, 8:47 pm

Thank you! I was impressed with how Jeremy and Mike captured my essence. They’re brilliant. :)

3. Fawn Feb 4, 2014, 9:12 pm

LOVE< LOVE< LOVE< I watched it four times

1. Linnycakes Feb 11, 2014, 8:49 pm

I kind of watch it a lot too. :)

4. Becky Aamodt Feb 4, 2014, 9:24 pm

Love it!!

1. Linnycakes Feb 11, 2014, 8:49 pm

Thanks Becky!

5. Alison Feb 4, 2014, 9:31 pm

SO FUN!!! Loved it!!!

1. Linnycakes Feb 11, 2014, 8:50 pm

Thanks Alison, I love it too!

6. Beth Feb 5, 2014, 11:06 am

Way to get even more creative!

1. Linnycakes Feb 11, 2014, 8:52 pm

That’s what I was thinking! Plus, I really need to take advantage of the fact that I have access to a professional video editor!

7. Gail Feb 5, 2014, 4:37 pm

Absolutely love it!

1. Linnycakes Feb 11, 2014, 8:53 pm

Thanks Gail!

8. Amy Feb 5, 2014, 9:07 pm

Love it!! SOOO cute :) I would of course like to see processes and how to do!

1. Linnycakes Feb 11, 2014, 8:55 pm

Thanks for your suggestion, Amy! I appreciate hearing what others would like to see. :)

9. Andrea @the Distracted Housewife.com Feb 6, 2014, 5:39 pm

That is simply gorgeous!

1. Linnycakes Feb 11, 2014, 8:53 pm

Thanks Andrea!

10. Jean Feb 7, 2014, 8:24 am

What a great logo! Can’t wait to see one of your videos.

1. Linnycakes Feb 11, 2014, 8:54 pm

Thanks Jean! I’m nervous to be on camera, but so much of blogging is about getting out of your comfort zone!

11. LeAnn Feb 10, 2014, 1:49 pm

I LOVE this! It’s the sort of intro that I see on movies and turn to my husband and say, “Wow, that’s cute.” Videos, hmm, I’m obsessed right now with online how-tos… Can you start with something simple and sweet with easy ingredients for my hubby and I to make for a V-day date? Oh my, that’s coming up fast, though! Have you ever made a Princess Torte? It’s like a soft white cake/whipped cream center with a fondant shell holding it together. I would love some help with recreating that for my birthday (Aug. 31) this year. Maybe some of your healthy dinner recipes? I can’t get many of the candy items up near my neck of the woods, and cake pans and decorating tips are PRICEY, but some pretty and resourceful ideas for treats that I can surprise Will with, bake/cook with him, or bring to parties I would love! Heck, just film anything, and I will watch it.

1. Linnycakes Feb 21, 2014, 5:31 pm

Thank you so much, LeAnn, for your thoughtful response. I’m planning on starting very very easy and simple, but could hopefully work my way up to a Princess Torte! I would recommend looking online (Amazon) for pans and tips. Interestingly enough, I get a lot of my candies from gas stations – they can have such rare and unique candies! I realize that might not be helpful for you either though, so again, I’d recommend online if you’re searching for something hard to find.

12. Paulina Feb 24, 2014, 3:21 pm

LOVE IT! That is so awesome did you do it yourself or have it done?

1. Linnycakes Mar 5, 2014, 9:48 pm

I designed the logo, my hubby did the animation and I hired a sound designer.

13. Jill @ Called To Be A Mom Feb 26, 2014, 10:05 am

This is so awesome! I am hoping to launch into the video business sometimes soon!

1. Linnycakes Mar 5, 2014, 9:53 pm

Good for you! It’s a bit daunting, but I just keep thinking – one step at a time!

14. Rosanne Feb 26, 2014, 2:50 pm

The animation was adorable and simply perfect for this site! I think it would be cool if you did videos of demos for certain crafts or cake decorating. Adding video is such a cool direction to go in. I have plans for that, but know nothing about video production. Is there a simple but effective editing option that you would suggest? Bravo for taking the first step in taking this blog to new heights!

1. Linnycakes Mar 16, 2014, 1:21 am

Thanks Rosanne! I’m really excited to see where it goes too. I asked my hubby (the video expert) what would be a simple editing option for those of us who aren’t so video savvy. If you have a PC, then you could use Windows Movie Maker. If you have a Mac, then you could use iMovie. That is if those still come with the computer. I’m not video savvy at all, but if you have any other questions I can relay them to him and get back to you!