Do you know what Lalaloopsy is? I didn’t, until I got a request for cupcakes for a Lalaloopsy themed party. Basically, Lalaloopsy is a line of dolls with button eyes and LOTS of bright color and bold patterns.

They had me at lots of bright color.

Lala1

And because I have the best customers ever, I was invited to take pictures of my cupcakes along with the fun decorations they had set up for the party, so that I could share them with all of you!

LalaParty2

Tip: Don’t own a cupcake stand? These cupcakes are sitting on a candle stick holder!

LalaParty

You can make buttons too! And use them to decorate a cake or cupcake or cookies. I used my homemade fondant recipe for them because I prefer the taste, but you could use store bought too. These are some of the tools that I already had on hand so I didn’t have to go out and buy anything extra. I also decided to add “thread” for another pop of color. I just rolled a tiny amount of fondant into a log shape and placed it in the holes.

LalaButtonTutorial

Check out my other tutorial:
Tootsie Roll Bows

Comments For This Post

1. Fawn Jan 14, 2014, 7:47 am

I have purchased two of these dolls for my niece and I think you captured the spirit of Lalaloopsy.
    Looks like a huge hit.

By the way your fondant recipe is really tasty and not so heavy like the store bought brands.

1. Linnycakes Jan 21, 2014, 10:41 pm

Thanks Fawn! My niece just got a Lalaloopsy doll for Christmas. I’m told Story will be hooked in no time! Glad you like the fondant recipe. I like it soooo much better than store bought!

2. Elizabeth Jan 14, 2014, 8:54 am

These cupcakes are charming! Being the mom of a boy, I have never heard of these before and if I had a daughter I would do a party bright and cheery like this. Clearly your cupcakes were the centerpiece of this event!

1. Linnycakes Jan 21, 2014, 10:43 pm

Thanks Elizabeth! I’m the mom of a little girl, but she’s too young to know who Lalaloopsy is. Yet!

3. Clarabela Jan 20, 2014, 8:06 pm

They are zoo cute and they look delicious. I will keep these in mind for my niece’s next princess party.

#SITSBlogging

1. Linnycakes Jan 21, 2014, 10:45 pm

Glad they could provide some inspiration!

4. chika Jan 20, 2014, 8:11 pm

these look absolutely scrumptious, i love the cute button detail . That roller coaster is just too cute .*Stopping in from SITS Girls Tribe*

1. Linnycakes Jan 21, 2014, 10:46 pm

The roller coaster was the customer’s. I love that they thought to decorate with a toy they already had! Money saver!

5. Colleen H. Jan 21, 2014, 7:43 am

My little girl is pointing and telling me to “Look! Look!” at these cupcakes. I’d say their a winner!

1. Colleen H. Jan 21, 2014, 7:44 am

Oh boy, “they’re” a winner. I know better.

2. Linnycakes Jan 21, 2014, 10:47 pm

Don’t think I could receive a better compliment than that! :)

6. Alli Jan 23, 2014, 6:44 am

The only reason I know anything about a lalaloopsy is because I have grand kids! Your cupcakes are beautiful. Looking forward to picking up a few decorating tips from you.

Visiting from the SITS tribe!

1. Linnycakes Jan 23, 2014, 10:04 am

Thanks Alli, I hope you can gain some good tips from me too! :)

7. Andrea @ thedistractedhousewife Feb 24, 2014, 2:44 pm

These are adorable!!! I think these would be cute for any party not just lalaloopsy themed.

1. Linnycakes Mar 5, 2014, 9:39 pm

Yes! Bright and happy cupcakes are always good. :)